So often we put off enjoying our lives because we are alone. Instead of doing things that bring us happiness, we wait. We wait until we find that special someone or we wait until we can get a group of friends together. Let's end the waiting and learn to enjoy our own company. Take a solo trip. Take yourself out to dinner. Do whatever you want to do–with YOU. I guarantee when you learn to be happy by yourself, that energy will bring people to you. Not to mention, life is short. Don't wait on other people to LIVE.
If you're someone who gets easily bored when you're alone, here are some tips to make your solo time more bearable and even fun:
1. Create a playlist of your favorite songs and dance around your house or apartment like you're in a music video!
2. Organize your space. You know that closet or junk drawer you've been meaning to clear out. . .do it!
3. Lose yourself in a good book!
4. Listen to some interesting and uplifting podcasts.
5. Compile a list of movies or TV shows to binge watch on your day off.
Just make sure you're making a conscious effort to enjoy your own company–your peace, quiet, and YOU time!
(photo courtesy of Unsplash)
Leave a Reply.
Blog for Face of Fifty Magazine