Frequently Asked Questions
The following questions are regarding the Face of Fifty Plus Magazine and FOF+ Insider Membership.
Face of Fifty Plus Magazine
(scroll to bottom for FOF+ Insider Membership FAQs)
- What is the format of the magazine? It is a .PDF file.
- Why is the magazine digital? Digital magazines not only provide convenience and immediacy, the quality is much better than most print magazines plus they are environmentally friendlier without the use of actual paper. (PLEASE NOTE: FOF+ Insiders will have access to a flip version of the magazine.)
- Can I get a print copy of the magazine? Yes! You can purchase a print copy HERE. Please note: print copies are fulfilled by a third party company. All orders, printing, shipping & delivery are outsourced and not handled by Face of Fifty Plus.
- Why are there only four issues? It would take time, a large budget and a full time staff to create a monthly magazine. Currently, we are only operating with one of those elements. As our readership grows as well as our ad revenue, we may revisit offering the magazine on a more frequent basis, provided it makes sense and the content stays fresh.
- How do I get my single digital copy of the magazine? After you purchase your copy of the magazine, you will receive a link on the receipt screen to download the magazine.
- Where else can I purchase the magazine outside of the website? We have submitted requests to sell on Kindle, Apple, and Android based platforms. If and when those approvals are made, we will send out a newsletter informing everyone.
- Can I share my copy of the magazine? No. The magazine platform will generate a specific link and file for the purchaser only.
- How many pages are in the magazine? Each issue will vary but we strive to have meaningful content that is also worth the price. The content will range from 60 to 100 pages depending on the issue.
- When will I receive my copies? All digital copies will be received immediately after purchase. Print copies will be based on the printers production and delivery schedule.
- Can I be on the cover of the magazine? At this time, we are not looking for cover models. However, if this changes only FOF+ Insider subscribers will be eligible
- If I'm having trouble accessing my magazine issue, who do I contact? Email us.
- Can I subscribe to the print version? Not at this time. The print version is being handled by a third party and due to upfront costs, we can not offer a print subscription. However, if there becomes a large demand for a print version we may change this in the future.
- Why are the print copies so expensive? Everything is expensive these days! But mainly due to small, on demand print requests. One magazine ordered might be close to $20 but if 100 were ordered it might be $10 per issue, but you'd have to come up with $1,000 upfront.
- What are my payment options? You can use Paypal, or via the Stripe platform you can enter your credit card of choice. CashApp and Zelle are not accepted.
- Do you offer back issues? No. At this time, we are not selling back issues.
- What if I don't like the magazine, can I get a refund? No. There are no refunds or exchanges. We are confident women over fifty will find something interesting, compelling or useful in each issue. If you think there is even a remote chance that you may not like the magazine, we would suggest you not purchase it or perhaps purchase one issue (instead of subscribing) to get an idea of what to expect.
- What do I do if I find some false or erroneous information in the magazine? We try our best to fact check information and provide appropriate credit, however since the magazine is created by humans. . .mistakes are likely. Please contact us and depending on the error, we will print a retraction in the next issue.
- Can I advertise my business in the magazine? Yes, please visit our advertising page for more information.
FOF+ Insider Membership
- Will the Instagram page become a paid subscription too? No. We will not be turning any of the social media channels into paid subscriptions. We will still provide inspirational posts but the content for the Insiders will be different. It will be more abundant and in-depth.
- Can I become a FOF+ Insider at any time? Absolutely! There is no specific sign up window. However, you might miss particualr events or content posted during the time you weren't a member.
- Is the FOF+ Insider membership only for women over age 50? It is definitely ONLY FOR WOMEN. Women over 50–ideally, yes. HOWEVER, if you're in your late forties you're probably able to relate to what will be shared more than someone in their 20s or 30s. But be forewarned, the content is specifically curated for women 50 and above.
- How will I receive my copy of the magazine as a FOF+ Insider? You will have to create a membership account (you will be redirected to the Face of Fifty Plus website to create your login) and from there you will be taken to a Member Portal where you can access all the benefits including the magazine.
- What do I do if I am not redirected to the website after purchasing my membership? Please email us, we will verify payment and send you a link.
- How do I access the Member Portal after becoming a member? There will be a tutorial to save the website to your phone Home screen, there will also be a link in our Instagram profile, or you can type in the Face of Fifty website address. When the site comes up, head to the navigation menu (click the three lines at the top left of the website). You will see an option to "Log In".
- What do I do if I can't remember my log in or password information? We cannot access your password or log in information. However, there should be a prompt at the 'Log In' screen that asks you to reset your information. BUT PLEASE CREATE LOG IN INFORMATION THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO REMEMBER OR AT LEAST SAVE IT ON YOUR PHONE. MAYBE WRITE IT DOWN AND STICK IN IN YOUR UNDERWEAR DRAWER.
- Can I give a membership as a gift? Yes. Please email us for information regarding gift subscriptions.
- Will my membership automatically renew? Yes. Unless you cancel or your credit card information changes, your membership will automatically renew.
- Can I cancel my membership? You can cancel your membership before it renews, however you cannot cancel an active membership. All membership subscriptions are good for one year or quarterly depending on your purchased option. There will be no partial refunds.
- How do I get a print copy of the magazine? You can purchase a print copy HERE. Please note: print copies are fulfilled by a third party company. All orders, printing, shipping & delivery are outsourced and not handled by Face of Fifty Plus.
- How can I write an article or submit an idea for the magazine? As a FOF+ Insider, you are eligible to contribute to the magazine. Please visit the Member Portal for more information.
- Will I get paid for my contribution to the magazine? At this time, we do not have the budget to pay contributors. All contributors will get a byline credit and their photo in the magazine. Your social channels and website (if applicable) will also be included. In some cases, you will receive free merchandise.
- How will I receive the benefits mentioned for FOF+ Insiders? All benefits will be accessed and explained in the Member Portal.
- Where do I submit my photo for the 2024 Calendar? There will be an announcement in the Member Portal as we get closer to the submission date.
- How can I be featured in the magazine? As a FOF+ Insider, you are eligible to featured in the magazine. Please visit the Member Portal for more information.
- Can I advertise my business in the magazine? Yes, please visit our advertising page for more information. Please note: FOF+ Insiders do not get any special discounts or benefits regarding advertising rates.
Still have questions?